Greenbelt is the first community in the United States built as a federal venture in housing. Read more about our unique history on the city’s website.
- Greenbelt Co-op Grocery Store
- The co-op grocery store is across Roosevelt Center from the cafe, and we get many groceries there. We buy local!
- Greenbelt Farmers Market
- Greenbelt Farmers Market is a new farmers market located in historic Greenbelt, Maryland. Our primary motive is to provide a place for our community to purchase high quality, locally harvested food.
- Calvert Farm CSA
- The New Deal Cafe serves as a pick-up location for the Calvert Farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Members of this CSA pay an upfront subscription fee to Calvert Farm in return for a share of the season’s harvest, which is picked up weekly. Calvert Farm offers Summer, Fall, and Winter subscriptions. The cafe proudly incorporates Calvert Farms vegetables into its menu. Visit the farm’s blog for recipes.
- The Friends of the New Deal Cafe Arts organize festivals and exhibits by local artists at the cafe.
- Old Greenbelt Theatre
- The historic Greenbelt movie theatre sits across from the cafe in Roosevelt Center. Check out this week’s schedule, see a movie, then stop by the cafe for dinner or dessert!
- Greenbelt Arts Center
- The Arts Center, also located in Roosevelt Center, puts on plays and musicals using talented local actors, singers and dancers. Evening productions usually start at 8pm, so we recommend that you dine at the cafe first, then take in a show! On Friday and Saturday, come back for dessert to chat about your theatre experience.