The New Deal Cafe provides a venue for local artists to exhibit and sell their work. We have two artists during each exhibition, one in each of our large rooms. Questions prior to applying for your show? Contact the Arts Coordinator at .
- Artists will need to submit a list of works including title, medium, and price along with artist statement two weeks prior to the proposed installation date.
- The gallery will provide rail hangers to support art works, within the dimensions listed above within a height of 57″.
- All artwork must be ready to be hung when you arrive on the installation date. Works on paper should be framed with wire on the back to hang the work. All works on canvas or panel need wire on the back but do not necessarily need a frame.
- Artwork will be installed and deinstalled on Mondays. You will arrange a time with the art coordinator when you can be there to install and deinstall.
- The artist will need to write a brief description of their art show, the date and time of the art reception and a photograph of their artwork and submit it to The Greenbelt News review to put under “Community Events”. Submissions are e-mailed to .
- The artist will receive $25 to be used towards advertising. The artist needs to create a flyer and post the flyers around Greenbelt.
- The artist is responsible for advertising their show and inviting people to their art reception. The artist is encouraged to send out invitations.
- The art reception will be on a Sunday from 3pm to 5pm.
- At the art reception the artist will receive 25 drink tickets to be shared with their guests and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- The New Deal Cafe does not take a commission on artworks sold. All sales are handled by the artist.
You must be logged in to post a comment.