New Deal Cafe Board of Directors
Present: Peter May, Diana McFadden, Bill Wilkerson, Peggy Barott
Excused: Pat Brent
Others: Jeremy Hecht, Leslie Brothers, Mike Mulaney
Peter May called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Status of Renovation Loan – Peter reported that the National Cooperative Bank will give him a response to the loan application next week.
- Volunteer Coordination – Bill reported that Don Comis is resuming his role as volunteer
coordinator and has lined up volunteers for the fifth week of operations under the volunteer
assisted system since the special membership meeting.
- Manager’s Report – Bill reported that Joel Moodie will continue as general manager on a
limited basis of ten hours per week.
- Business Plan – Peter reported that the business plan was sent to the listserve and will be
posted on the website.
- Financial Report – Bill and Peggy reported on progress they had made tabulating the outstanding
bills to date.
- Breakfast Proposal – Jeremy Hecht presented a proposal to operate an independent breakfast
operation in the cafe. The board requested he forward a written proposal.
- Next Meeting – The next board meeting was set for Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 7:30pm at the cafe.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Bill Wilkerson, Secretary