New Deal Cafe Board of Directors
Present: Peter May, Bill Wilkerson, Peggy Barott
Excused: Diana McFadden, Pat Brent
Others: Mike Mulaney, Don Comis
Peter May called the meeting to order at 7:46 pm.
- Status of Renovation Loan – Peter reported that Richard Dines of the National Cooperative Bank is still circulating the loan application within the renovation loan section and that he expects to be able to give the cafe an answer next week.
- Financial Report – Bill reported that he completed a list of overdue bills and a cash flow projection that is too preliminary from which to draw conclusions.
- Volunteer Coordination – Don Comis reported on the volunteer effort to date. He stated that about 30 volunteers are participating even though only 30% of the membership has been contacted to date. He said the emergency efforts since the last membership meeting, phase 1, is now over; and phase 2, improving the volunteer system, is now starting. Don recommended a meeting of the staff, volunteers, and board to improve the system. He received board ok to request the general public to help. Don hopes to set up training, possibly as soon as next Wednesday. He plans to set up a volunteer thank you party, and to distribute the discount cards to those who volunteered.
- Manager’s Duties – The board discussed that reassignment of the manager’s duties is necessary now that Joel Moodie has had to curtail his hours. A meeting with Joel will be scheduled to discuss his duties further.
- Candidate’s Forum – The board formulated questions to be submitted to the Roosevelt Center Merchants Association for use in the September 29 candidates forum.
- Disruptive Individuals – The board discussed the banning of several individuals from the cafe who have been disruptive.
- Thanksgiving Weekend Hours – Don will poll the volunteers to find out if adequate volunteers are available over the holiday weekend when some key staff will be off.
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance – Peter reported that the high premium required to obtain D&O insurance makes the policy a luxury the cafe can’t afford at this time.
- Next Meeting – The next board meeting was set for Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 7:30pm at the cafe.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Bill Wilkerson, Secretary