New Deal Café Board of Directors
July 19, 2006
Present: Richard McMullen, Bill Wilkerson, Diana McFadden, Ronnie Scotkin
Others: Ellen Siegel (General Manager)
Richard called the meeting to order at 7:07 PM.
- The board minutes of June 21, 2006 were presented.
Motion: Approve the minutes fo June 21, 2006.
Moved: Diana McFadden Second: Ronnie Scotkin Approved: 3-0
- Stakeholder Meeting Report – The City Council held a meeting with the Roosevelt Center merchants on July 12, 2006 A summary of the meeting was distributed. Bill and Ellen reported on the discussion at the meeting which focused on the security, maintenance, usage of mall, former post office site, café outdoor seating area, former pleasant touch space, and economic health of the Roosevelt Center.
- Finance Report – Ellen reported that Pat Brent is training a new bookkeeper (Michele) who will work under Pat’s direction. A draft of the second quarter financial report was distributed.
- Memorial for Joyce Abell – Ronnie reported that she investigated the cost of a city installed memorial tree ($85), a bench ($200), a plaque ($30 + $1 for each letter), or a bronze plaque ($170 including three lines). She is waiting to see if GHI wants to go in together with the café on the cost of a memorial. It was suggested that a notice be put in the newsletter and that a memorial fund set up
Motion: The board should arrange for a memorial for Joyce Abell.
Moved: Ronnie Scotkin Second: Diana McFadden Carried: 3-0
- Letter of Support of Café Manager to Employees – Ellen requested that the letter not be sent, but instead that the board give an overview of the letter at the next employee meeting.
- Meeting of Cooperatives – Ronnie agreed to organize a meeting of the major Greenbelt cooperatives in September for the purpose of helping each other and networking.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:55 p.m.
Bill Wilkerson, Secretary
You must be logged in to post a comment.